Friday 23 January 2015

Practical: Williams Handmade Workshop & Gallery

Today I had the privilege of manning the new gallery/studio space in Leominster for Sarah, who makes beautiful bags by hand from painted bridle leather.

She left me a small but fun project for the day.
When I arrived I was greeted by a pile of leather cut offs, a couple of templates and all the tools I might need, with the instructions to cut about 20 of each template from the selection of coloured leather.

 

I'd never cut leather before and have never been very accurate with a scalpel but. lo and behold (and
without any injuries!) the pieces were cut!




Embedded image permalink

The pieces will then be stitched together and folded over, attaching with a popper...

 

...to make nifty little card wallets!!!


I will be helping out Sarah casually from time to time, so hopefully there will be a few other little projects I can take part in, seeing as I really enjoyed today's challenge!







No comments:

Post a Comment