Friday 16 January 2015

Project: Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit Final Piece

Here is my final design for the brief. Although I am not completely happy with the design, I hope to alter and work on it before the actual competition deadline in March.

The idea was to create a subtly suggestive front cover, inspired by The Einstein Couple's work they created for the posters to advertise the film, Nymphomaniac. My design was suppose to use orange segments to symbolise a vagina, to coincide with the theme of sexuality throughout the book. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I quite hit the mark and, although the print is quite aesthetically pleasing, I don't agree that it has that extra 'crude' edge to it - which is what I really wanted!

I struggled quite a lot on this project, trying to get the simplicity of the design to be as effective as I desired. Choosing the right type was also a big hurdle. I ended up choosing a digital type for it's 'no-nonsense' feel, sans serif, basic, easy to read.

The composition works nicely but I think is still too bare. Maybe if the image was larger and central? I played around with quite a few designs, changing the scale and the position of the type/image, but this still seemed to be one of the most effective compositions.


Embedded image permalink




No comments:

Post a Comment