Monday 9 November 2015

Personal: Pressed Leaves

I have come to realise that I really enjoy drawing on natural materials! Starting with the stones and pebbles, which I've been doing for about a year now, and then enjoying drawing on the pumpkins so much for Halloween this year, I thought I would incorporate something which has always been one of my favourite things in nature - Autumnal leaves 
I have always loved Autumn and, when the leaves start to change colour and fall, I can be found running through them, kicking them up into the air and collecting me favourites to take home and inspect further! So, whilst doing this the other week, I decided to press some of the most beautiful leaves I could find so that I could do something with them.
The results were these Leaf 'prints'. Similar to my painted stones with the dot work and patterns, I think the leaves look really effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment