Tuesday 10 November 2015

Window: Tandem Bakery

When you first graduate, it's really difficult to see yourself as a professional. You still feel like you need to learn so much more before you can put yourself out there into the art world!

I racked my brains for a good few months about how I could approach the professional side of being an illustrator. I already have an online shop and take my work to fairs but I needed a push, something different. I approached a couple of galleries but found it very intimidating, not that that would stop me doing it again!

I then decided I definitely wanted to do something with the chalk art as I've been enjoying it so much! I contacted two local, independent businesses whose shops I really like and have an organic, homemade ethos and asked if I could do some chalk art on their windows... and they both said yes!!

The first window I have done is for Tandem Bakery, which is a new independent business in the middle of Hereford. Before I met with the owner I took that the name of the bakery implied togetherness, never been alone, so I devised a pair of characters who were always meeting in different situations. Heather the owner of the bakery liked the idea and named the couple, aptly, Mr. and Mrs. Tandem!

Tandem Bakery can be found on Widemarsh Street in Hereford.

No comments:

Post a Comment