Wednesday 21 October 2015

Personal: Back To The Future Day!

HAPPY BACK TO THE FUTURE DAY EVERYONE!
Yes, yes, it's silly I know, but still it's quite exciting. After this week, Back to the Future will all be in the past...

So, to commemorate this obviously momentous occasion, I drew a picture!


I wanted to make it look a bit like a retro movie poster to suit the theme of the day so I took some key elements from the film - Marty McFly, Doc, the Delorean, the hoverboard and the date (as displayed i the Delorean) - and arranged them together. I then grouped it together by putting lightning in the background. After this mock up, I drew it out properly and started to colour it in.

 

 

I wanted to do a black background as a lot of the promo images for the original films used a black background with the Delorean leaving a trail of flames behind it.


I was pretty pleased with the outcome. Doc's expression isn't quite crazed enough though!!!
It is now for sale in the Vintage Emporium in Hereford.

No comments:

Post a Comment