Saturday 17 October 2015

Personal: Fashion Illustrations



Whilst at uni, I had the brilliant opportunity on having a portfolio session with Fig Taylor from the AOI, who looked through a rough example of my physical portfolio and helped steer me in the sort of direction I should maybe go with my illustration. She mentioned that I was quite strong with fashion illustration, not necessarily in the traditional sense, but in the more expansive sense that fashion illustration is used for a lot of different things these days, such as advertisement and packaging design.

She encouraged that I practice figure drawing and really strengthen that. But also to ensure that I have my own style with it.


I decided to practice with pencils as this is the medium I struggle most with, I think. I started by just drawing a face, using reference from a magazine. After giving up at the hair, I quite liked the undone, half finished feel of it and left it there. I think that it looks better this way then trying to finish it and making it look too overdone.

I then experimented and this was the outcome!!!












Embedded image permalink


Personally. I quite like the outcome! But I think it is something that needs to be worked on and developed... .and maybe have an explaination as well!? I enjoyed the process though!



No comments:

Post a Comment