Thursday 15 October 2015

Lino Printing: Wedding Gift

Back in July, two of my very good friends got married in a beautiful ceremony in Norfolk and I was lucky enough to have been a bridesmaid. The wedding had a very English Garden come Tropical Paradise theme!


(photos courtesy of Naomi Goggin Photography)

Pineapples and cacti were prominent features throughout the day (and the invites!) so I thought it might be interesting to make a lino print of a pineapple cactus for them!
In case you have never come across a pineapple cactus before, this is what one looks like...


My lino printing skills are pretty limited and I am, pretty much, self taught after having not done much lino printing over the past 10 years, so my outcome wasn't as crisp as I had first intended it to be but, nonetheless, I was quite pleased with the finished result. It is not a completely clear image, but I think it has an interesting quality to it in that the majority of the image is black with just a few white lines peeking through to create this cactus.

I then framed the image in a bold frame to brighten up the blackness of it all! I think they liked it!! Or, at least, I hope they did!







No comments:

Post a Comment