Sunday 25 October 2015

Personal: My New 'Daytime' Job

Because I have yet to make enough money from drawing to live off (but it WILL happen one day, yes yes yes!) I have a part time job which I go to every weekday morning in Hereford. I work in a four-story vintage shop called The Vintage Emporium that sells vintage, antique and retro furnishings and fashion items, as well as having a beauty room and photography studio in the attic! It's a really exciting job and it's full of inspirational eye candy which alters on a day to day basis.

My boss is a creative herself and encourages the creativity of her staff. She hired people who have creative backgrounds and who are actually creating in one way or another - I work with two other illustrators, a seamstress and a photographer! It's a really lovely atmosphere to be in.

Thankfully, because we are encouraged to be creative, we are let loose in the shop to actually BE creative!! Most of this is with sign writing. These images are of the temporary signs I have made within the shop until I can get my hands on a Posca and some spare time to make it look like how I want it to! However, it's great experience so far, and people are already responding well to it!









No comments:

Post a Comment